Monday, June 8, 2009

Time flies...

It seems like just yesterday I was waddling around the house complaining about my back, hips, ankles, heartburn... (The list goes on and on...) now all of the sudden I have a 6 months old baby girl! Wow!

I can't believe she has been with us for half a year already. Last year at this time I was barely beginning to feel the little pokes and bubbles that soon got stronger and stronger until my ribs felt like they would explode from all her pounding.

I can still remember the first moment I felt her. I was busy at work, had a moment to relax so I leaned back in my chair and stared at the ceiling, wishing for 5pm to come faster.

"poke, poke, poke."

What was that? Then again... "poke, poke."

A smile came to my face as I realized what I was feeling, then it all suddenly felt very real. There was a tiny little human "poking" around, growing stronger everyday. Wow, that's all I can say.

Now one year later we've got a happy, smiley, cuddly, nearly 18 lbs of baby girl to enjoy every day. And as weird at it may sound, although I can remember a time when "Little Big" was not here, I can't imagine what life was like without her.

Here are some pictures I took of my heavenly flower on her half birthday

Leilani Rose.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy