Wednesday, July 8, 2009

365 Cards: Day 129 - You have me in stitches

Here's something new! I found this site the other day and was instantly addicted! I love paper crafts and have a huge stash that is mostly dedicated to my scrapbooking obsession. A card is made here and there but this site is definitely going to expand my horizons!

Here are the instructions for Day 129...

"Today, I want to see stitching and/or sewing on your card. The exact challenge is that: Stitch an image on your card. Not just around the outside of the card, but an actual image. A flourish DOES count, since these are typically quite detailed."

So without further ado, here is my first submission:



An old friend of mine recently had a baby and I am sewing her the gift so why not make her a keepsake card as well? I challenged myself to use scraps only for this card and of course follow the directions stated above.
Here is the inside, I kept it blank so I could write her a special message.


Supplies: Everything is from my stash and yes everything was a scrap!


10 comments:

  1. This card is really, really cute. The colours are so gentle, I really love it.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and card. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card...excellent stitching! Glad you joined us over at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! You could also submit for htt://cardalicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the nice comments! I feel so welcome. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet card! your friend is sure to love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, this stitching is absolutely FAB. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your Top Trio place . . . well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on COTW, it is a gorgeous card and is a well deserved win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! your stitching is inspiring, truly just lovely! congrats on a well earned COTW :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy