Tuesday, July 14, 2009

365 Cards Day 135

Happy Monday. As happy as a Monday can be. It was overcast today. Reminded me of fall, although it wasn't cold. Where is the sunshine? Isn't it the middle of July?


Anyway, enough weather banter. On to card making. I was awarded a top trio for my "in stitches card." I was shocked to see my name on the list and clicked the link just to make sure it was really me! Surely there must be another Crystal? It was me! Needless to say I was more than pleased, as that was my very first submission for 365 cards. How neat! :o)


Today's challenge:

"Day 135 - On the Outside Looking In. I challenge you to create a window on your card using some see-through material."


I must admit I was really stumped on what to do for this challenge. There were at least 15 ideas I had but nothing really jumped out at me. After sifting through paper for about 30 minutes I finally came up with a color scheme and an idea. I cut out around the pattern on the paper and then tried my hand at drawing a larger image of the bottom two flowers. The drawing is behind the "window." Its really simple looking but all that cutting was tedious! My window isn't completely see-through but I like the look of it.


supplies: brown paper - dcwv latte matstack, cream - the paper co, translucent - paper co, ribbon - stash, drawing - freehand, black pen - zig memory system.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work with your "fussy cutting"....looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is amazing and love your cutting! I wish I had the steady hands for that! I get in a hurry, and oooops!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy