Saturday, July 18, 2009

365 Cards - Day 140!!

WOW! I did it, 7 cards this week and I got them all posted by 8:59 PST! (11:59 EST) It's really hard for me to keep up with all the challenges so I am not sure if I will be able to accomplish this again but at least I can say I made 1 week.

"Day 140 - Paint it! That's the challenge, plain and simple. Use a little or a lot, but make sure there's paint on your card."

I have TONS of paint in my stash so I grabbed a rainbow of colors and went to work. I used a sponge to apply the paint, the painting was then fixed behind transparent paper for a window look. The sentiment is "Mahalo" which means thank you in Hawaiian. This is a thank you card for my best friend who is helping me plan my wedding reception that is coming up at the beginning of August. It is a Luau theme so I decided to make her a Hawaiian themed card, you know since Hawaii is the "rainbow state". And because I used to live there so I love anything that reminds me of Hawaii.





supplies: all card stock - paper co, cutouts - cricut, paint - stash.

The rainbow really is true to color, however these pictures are not showing the colors correctly. Bad lighting - sorry.


Ok, that's it, I'm done for a few days... I've got some sewing to attend to, a reception to plan and No Doubt will be serenading me tomorrow night!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice cards. Your blog is very nice. Wish you all the best. God is Great.

    http://foto-tricks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, you really did a wonderful job with the paint!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy