Friday, July 3, 2009

Doll clothes

No not really, I just love having a little girl. It's like having a doll all over again and I just can't get enough of making cute little things for her to wear. I've been told she will only allow this for a short period of time so I should enjoy it while I can. So here's a peek at what I've been up to.

So far I've made a tunic and bloomers...



And the dress and bloomers (I love that word!) pictured below, which are Simplicity Pattern 2668. She wore this to my cousin's wedding reception.



And now I am working on a dress for the 4th of July tomorrow, my own little pattern taken from the ever-so-famous pillowcase dress...and the bloomers from Simplicity 2668.

I added a ruffle for some extra cute.




And of course little Leilani was there to help!



Finished!



I even made a patriotic little headband from some grosgrain ribbon. It fit her little noggin perfectly, I've made headbands before and they were all failures.

Best thing about this 4th of July get up? Under $10 bucks to make!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sewing! Love those little dresses. Can't wait for my sister to have babies, maybe she will have a girl! I have two boys, so no sewing dresses! Pout...
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know how much I would enjoy a little "dollie" to dress up, it really is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy