Monday, July 20, 2009

my first re-fashion...

...went pretty well, I'd have to say. Technically I did two. Lets start with the first. Being unemployed means being frugal. I've got to cut corners (literally). Squish is growing like a weed and needed a couple more sets of warm weather jammies. He had some long underwear types that were getting too small in the legs/sleeves. I used a pair he wears now as a guide for cutting and viola! After a simple hem, we have two more pairs of jammies for the boy.

Here they are before...and below is a finished pair. I haven't really sewn on knits before, it wasn't too bad. Next time I think I will use the serger and try a rolled hem...



Now here's the one that was for me...
I started with an old "wife beater" black tank top and a too small t-shirt. (hard to see I know, I didn't pick the best background...)

I combined the two and made a patchwork tank with ruffle sleeves.

I wore it to the No Doubt concert on Sunday. You can't see in this pic but the ruffles are pretty darn cute.

I guess its ok. Kinda funky, but I like stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy