Monday, August 31, 2009

The Market Skirt

I found this tutorial a while back and have been itching to try and make one but I never found a reason too. Little Big isn't exactly "big" enough to wear a skirt yet. It would just hinder with the whole crawling process and we wouldn't want to hinder with her ability to get into anything and everything, now would we!? Of course not.

Well...I finally found a reason to try the pattern! My niece is turning 3 in a few weeks and what a better present than an adorable market skirt for an adorable little girl? I had some cute pink gingham type, t-shirt material that I made myself a tank top out of (that's another post coming soon), the leftovers were perfect for this skirt.






I think it turned out pretty well. The tute was awesome (thanks Dana!), very easy to follow and lots of good pictures! I double layered the pink as well as the white too because they were a little sheer. I think the end result turned out great! Cute, cute, CUTE!

For this gift I created my first "clothing label". Of course I forgot to take a picture of it and now the skirt is wrapped up and ready to be mailed. I have some cool ideas for a logo but for now I will just be embroidering my initials (CB for crissybell) on some ribbon and sewing that into the back of the garment. But now I am off on another tangent. I think its time for bed...

3 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I love the fabric choice and I'm sure it twirls and bounces wonderfully. What a fun gift to receive! And new clothing labels??? We must see! We'll have to wait I suppose.
    Thank you for sharing. I'm going to start a larger flickr group soon (after we move to Texas :)) for any MADE-inspired creations and then feature people from time to time. So watch for that in the future.
    Hope you have a great week!
    - dana
    www.dana-made-it.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute skirt and much more than just a twirly skirt. I adore the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow. that skirt is just too darn cute!!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy