Saturday, August 8, 2009

Some paper and some fabric...

Paper first! "Day 161 - Cool Collage Today's challenge is all about overloading that card with patterned paper and embellishments. The goal: Don't leave a blank space on your card."


supplies: card - k&co, all other card stock - paper co/dcwv, ribbon/buttons - stash
The whole card is covered! Usually I am pretty good about leaving "blank" space but not tonight. I used some thick foam tape to add a 3rd dimension to the flowers. However, the flash shmashed that dimension. Oh well.

Now for the fabric...I scored two boxes of old fabric from my Great Aunt.

There are some really cute vintage flower prints which I am really excited about. I love sorting through fabric and imagining what could be made out of all of it. There are a few yards I might donate. But the rest I am keeping! Greedy, I know.
Tomorrow and Sunday are my sewing days. Here's my next project...something for baby, (surprise) maybe someday I'll make something for myself but little cute things are so much fun right now. I am going to try Heather Bailey's pattern for the
Happy Stacker Ring Toy. Here is what I have so far.
I found some cute fat quarters in my stash and I cut up an old sundress that didn't fit anymore. Now I just need to find some ribbon and I can start my therapy...err...I mean sewing...

6 comments:

  1. Great card, Crissy. I really like the denim look and the nice touch of brown. :)

    I hope you have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! And lucky you to get that treasure chest of fabric. That is how I spell FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card and have fun sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, have fun sewing!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work..I love blue & brown! Have fun sewing!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy