Friday, October 23, 2009

fabulous friday! round #2

No fashion to post today...and there are so many half finished projects in my home right now.  I am crocheting some cute mary jane shoes, without a pattern of course, so far I have the soles done.  I'll post pics tomorrow.  The crib quilt is half done too, well about 75% done.  Lets see...what else?  Uhm, some finger-less crochet gloves are waiting for me to buy another skien of blue yarn, so they can be completed.  You see?  I could go on and on.  I need to finish one thing BEFORE starting another.

In the meantime, because I really have nothing craft related to post,
please enjoy some pictures of our local volcano.

This is Mt St Helens before the 1980 erruption.

Here she is after.  There is a slight difference.  About 1/4 of the mountain blew up.

This is a picture from Johnston's Observatory,
this area was filled in with 150 ft of debris, mud, ash, soot, you name it from the volcanic erruption.
Can you imagine?  150 ft is pretty high.

The power of a volcano is really amazing.  Trees were flattened like toothpicks, rivers were moved and lakes formed in new places and were filled, in other spots.  The whole landscape was completely changed forever on May 18th, 1980.  (This just happens to be our wedding anniversary!)

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy