Wednesday, October 14, 2009

soft and cute

I've finished two skull caps for Little Big. The yarn is a bamboo/cotton mix and is ever so soft. Perfect for a little head. I really have trouble following crochet patterns but if you give me a few good pictures I should be able to figure it out without directions. I found inspiration for these two beanies here. She has a ton of cute ideas on her blog, and great patterns for those of you who CAN read crochet patterns without getting a headache.

(scroll to the end of this post for a fun giveaway from oh hello friend)

I think they turned out pretty cute!


This one used a granny style stitch pattern


For the flowers I searched on youtube for a tutorial, I don't remember which ones I used but either way there are so many good ones available.


By using a double crochet with a single crochet on top, you create a mesh pattern.



P.S. here is a fun giveaway from
oh hello friend - super cute!

1 comment:

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy