Thursday, November 19, 2009

a few things on the agenda

I missed yesterday!  I crawled into bed super late (after finishing a very cute birthday dress for a certain little girl) and just as I was drifting off to sleep I realized I didn't blog!  I'll make up for it today, I promise!

Now on to the agenda...

Item #1
I am thinking of changing the name of my blog.  Since I plan to open an etsy shop in 2010 I would like the name of this blog and the shop to be the same.  I haven't totally decided, but it will have to include the name "crissybell" I mean that's been my trademark since I was a baby!  crissybell's creations?  crissybell handmade?  just plain old crissybell?  I don't know??  Do you have any suggestions?

Item #2
I am lucky enough to be able to use a wonderful serger.  It isn't "mine" but I get to keep it as long as I need it.  It's worked great so far and I love using it!  But I finally had a need for a different color thread.  Looking at a serger can be scary, all the thread going in so many different directions - yikes!  But last night I was feeling brave and tried the "knot method" and it worked.  You cut the thread at the top of the little "hanger" and remove the old color, put the new color in place and carefully knot the new color with the old, trimming any tails.  Repeat for all the other threads.  Next is the tricky part.  You need to carefully advance the thread, it will snap through the tension knobs easily and right before the needles you need to cut the knots (or they will get stuck and bad things will happen) and then with the fresh cut thread, use tweezers to thread through the needle!

It's actually really easy.

If I can do it, anyone can!

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. I like Crissybell's Creations...or even just Crissybell's works! I am so excited for you to start selling! The hubs is going to be wondering how the girls end up with so much handmade goodies! =)

    Cant wait to see tinkerbutt's bday dress!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy