Tuesday, December 29, 2009

sweet choo choo

In our home, one of my favorite Christmas traditions is making a gingerbread house.  Not the kit kind, the kind you actually bake yourself.  Nothing smells better than fresh gingerbread.

Well this year I wanted to try something different.  A train.  It would be like assembling a bunch of little houses.  Easy.

My friend google found me some ideas that I blogged about here.  I even found a new recipe that I love.  It calls for butter instead of shortening like usual (I couldn't find any and didn't feel like going to the store) so the new recipe worked great.  I found a template too...yeah, I cheated a little.






My little man was very please with the results.  He loves trains.




The "R" is for Riley, that's squishy's real name.  :o)

We will definitely be making another one next year!

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! You did a fabulous job with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Crissy!!!! So awesome! You are one gifted Momma!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy