Tuesday, January 26, 2010

a special day

Yesterday my dear grandmother turned 76.  We celebrated with her on Sunday and in spite of the rain it was a very nice day.  She had one request, she asked that we not purchase her any gifts and instead send the money we would have spent, to an organization to help the situation in Haiti.  Well...I didn't purchase her a gift but I did make her a simple necklace using glass beads and cats eye.  She really liked it.  And that made me happy.




Of course I still made a donation in her name, that means she really got two presents.  Lucky lady.  :o)
xoxo
crissy

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful gift! both of them :) I noticed the necklace in your banner and admired it immediately :)
    hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a sweetie! Love the necklace its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, and such a sweet story about your grandma. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy