Thursday, February 4, 2010

mmmm...tasty (thursday)

Happy Thursday everyone!  Its not quite Friday and its not mid-week either.  Its that day of the week where you are almost there but just not quite.  I knew I'd need a pick-me-up for today so I made THESE yesterday. Sugar usually does the trick (temporarily, atleast)...

You will need:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used the mini kind because they are cute)

To make them:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease your cookie sheets

Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; 

In a another bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy like this:

Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended, don't over mix or you'll get flat cookies:

Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon - like I mentioned before I used the "mini" ones:

Drop cookie dough by a large/heaping tablespoon at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart because they will spread. 

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Enjoy!

xoxo
crissy

3 comments:

  1. Someone needs to invent a scratch and sniff computer screen :) They look delectable! Can you teleport some over to me?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have an interest in selling cookies or cookie dough for a fundraiser there is a website called Easy Fundraising Ideas that has about 10 different Cookie Dough Fundraising programs and they don't cost anything to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum O and I love your garland it is wonderful

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy