Tuesday, February 23, 2010

refashion #1

I love buying things on sale.  I also love getting in and out of a store in as little time as possible (a 14 month old doesn't have much of an attention span for shopping).  Sometimes this means not trying something on.  Which sometimes means that I get home and that something doesn't fit right.  I bought a few long sleeve boat-neck tees on clearance and yeah, they didn't fit when I finally tried them on at home.  I was too lazy to return them, so they sat in my craft room waiting for me to make use of them.


here's one of the shirts, before - huge and not flattering


turn the too-big shirt inside out and lay over top, a shirt that does fit you


measure and pin around the edges where you need to take the shirt in, I needed to get rid of about 2.5 inches, and about 1.5 inches on the underarm of the sleeves.  Now sew, or serge around the pinned edgest.  I sewed up the side, the pit area and even the sleeves.  Trim your seams and turn the shirt right side out, its that easy


kitty wanted to help


look at the difference in sizes between the two!


it turned out cute and I actually want to wear it now

stay tuned, because tomorrow I'm going to turn a thrifted mens shirt into a cute top for me!

xoxo
crissy

1 comment:

  1. That's great! My sister is bigger than me and passes me hand me downs. I'll have to try this next time!

    You sewed around everything, including pits and sleeves?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy