Thursday, February 25, 2010

refashion #3

This one is fun and very easy.
I got the idea here.  

you'll need: a plain t-shirt that you don't mind cutting in half, some ribbon, a safety pin, scissors and a sewing machine


lay your t-shirt out right side up


fold it in half, back sides together


mark down the middle line (this is your cutting line)


cut all the way up the front of the shirt


cut all the way around the neckline too


mark off the area between the neckline and the middle of the shirt and cut this will get rid of the corners - repeat on the other side



your t-shirt should look like this now


this next step is completely optional - I serged all around the "raw" edges


now we need to create a casing all the way around, mine is 1 inch, just a little bigger than the ribbon I am using


here is the casing, pinned all the way around


sew around to form the casing


thread the ribbon through using a safety pin
(I didn't cut it until after this step because I wasn't sure how long it needed to be)


figure out how long you want the ribbon by gathering the shrug...now you're done!




xoxo
crissy

6 comments:

  1. that's adorable. thanks for the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one BIG TIME.

    Did you make your casing on the outside? (Does that make sense?)

    I am putting this on my to do list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely adorable! I am definitely finding a t-shirt right now and cut it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are DARLING!! OMG, I am so glad you stopped by my blog and found me so that I could find you! :) Now I KNOW that sewing is NEXT on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here I've been cuttin' up all those old shirts for RAGS! This is SOOO much MORE fun and def more fashionable!:)
    Thanx for such a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy