Friday, February 26, 2010

refashion #4

Cardigans are everywhere this spring.  I have quite a few plain ones so I decided to dress one of them up with some ruffles.  If you don't like ruffles then don't read any further.  :o)

you'll need: a cardigan, some ribbon (I used organdy), scissors and of course the trusty sewing machine


figure out where you want your ruffles and cut the ribbon twice as long as you need
my ruffles are going to run vertically down the front


now its time to gather - set your stitch length to its longest setting
and set your tension as high as you can


sew down the middle of each ribbon piece to gather it



pin your ruffles in place - pretty pretty


hope you can see this clearly - I folded under 1/4 inch to keep the ribbon from fraying - or you could just use fray check


sew your ruffles in place


all done, like new!


Tomorrow is refashion #5 - come join me!


xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love ruffles...just not on me. Don't need to call anymore attention to my large chest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I hope it's really as easy as you make it look...I'm definitely going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy