Friday, March 12, 2010

ruffles and lace

One more refashion for the week!  Still not sure how I feel about the results...hmmm.

I started with a onesie that was too small, a remnant of colorful polka dots, a vintage peachy/coral scrap and some pretty vintage lace (not pictured).  I ended up with this...

A pretty dress with lots of pretty ruffles!


my trick to a nice full skirt is a simple formula, measure around the waist - or in my case, the bottom of the onesie, mutiply this by 2 and that's the length of the next tier.  Each tier is twice the length of the tier above it.  Easy as pie. 

I am tempted to cut the onesie part off leaving a few inches for a waistband, add some elastic for an adorable little skirt.  Maybe when she officially grows out of the onesie this will become a skirt.  We shall see.


Regardless, its cute and another fun way to make something old, new.

happy weekend!!

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! So full and twirly, any girl would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ruffles! Great idea for extending the life of the ruffles and making it into a skirt later - I think I might try that on a couple of dresses my daughter is outgrowing.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy