Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm in love!

I finally made my first oliver + s pattern.  Oh my, I loved it.  I made the birthday party dress - so cute.  Honestly, this is the first time I've used a pattern to create something for Little Big, that I didn't have to adjust.  Most patterns for little people seem to be really w i d e and boxy.  This fit perfectly, no alterations needed.  The instructions were clear, precise and logical...which is just my style. 

Please forgive the wrinkles, I photographed this after she wore it all day on Easter.  I was just too lazy to re-iron it. 


I love the detail over the box pleats, I used some 60's vintage fabric in brown to make it pop.


My little dollie.  :o)

I will definitely be making more of these adorable little outfits.  Maybe the sailboat top and skirt?  Or perhaps the pleated skirt and top?  How about the ice cream dress?  Which would you make?

xoxo
crissy

5 comments:

  1. Yep, I was just being pushy! Guess I should've waited 5 more minutes before posting my last comment :) the dress looks perfect and I love the green! I highly recommend the 2+2 outfit. I blogged about it here:
    http://crafterhours.blogspot.com/2009/10/oliver-s-2-2-tunic-skirt.html

    I used a linen/poly blend (lots to choose from at fabric.com) and it is the absolute perfect weight for this skirt. It holds the pleats nicely but is still super soft and swingy.

    Have fun! Oliver+S are the best patterns and I love how you learn something new just by using them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it looks so good!

    hugs

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little dress! I love the fabric combination you used! I think I would go with the ice cream dress(looks simpler) but, the pleated skirt and top is sooo cute. Hope you have fun with whichever one you choose:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so impressed! This dress is adorable. Sewing clothes for kids is the best, it's sooo much faster than sewing for adults... and usually looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy