Tuesday, April 13, 2010

meet hobbes

He is about 18" tall when sitting down, mostly hand sewn, made of a super soft velvet minky.  I spent hours of love on this guy.  And although he was fun to make and a great learning experience - I am so glad he is finally finished!!  I didn't use a pattern, which I think (for me atleast) is rather impressive.  Making clothes without a pattern is one thing, making a plushie is quite another.  Whew!  But he's done and I am happy. :o)

he has the trade mark "blank stare" of the orginal Hobbes.


Today, Riley informed me that I "need" to make him one.  That makes my fingers hurt just thinking about it...


xoxo
crissy

8 comments:

  1. Oh Crissy! he is just beautiful! You did a fantastic job! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you did a wonderful job I am so impressed!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, this is SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! you did an amazing job!! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - he looks awesome! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes! He's perfect! You did a great job and I can not believe you didn't even have a pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have got some mad skills my friend! I am *so* impressed! He's perfect!!!! Thank you so much for making him! James is going to love him so much. You're amazing!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is impressive! And gorgeous! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy