Monday, May 24, 2010

how does your garden grow?

So far, its grows quite nicely thank you, although mostly in pots.

This is the first year in a while that we are not
a) living in a highrise in waikiki where I can grow nothing other than bamboo.
b) living in north carolina where I would be eaten alive by giant misquitoes if I dared to step outside.

Because of the two reasons above, I decided to try a hand at gardening this year. 

Meet the marigolds:

They are about a week old, I love these, they remind me of helping my mom plant this when I was a little girl.  They are fool proof, pretty and its super easy to harvest the seeds.  We will revisit these guys in a few weeks and you'll be astonished by how much they have sprouted!







May I introduce, the Early Girls:

So far they have done well being transferred to bigger pots, they seem much happier than when I found them at the nursery.  Squishy isn't too thrilled with the prospect of us having to eat the tomatoes though...he's not a fan of the veggie fruit.








Next, meet the strawberries. 

I've got three different types in there, and wouldn't you know I don't know which is which!  Oh well, they are just starts that I "borrowed" from my mother-in-laws plants.  Squishy is very excited for these...there's nothing better than fresh strawberries on a nice summer day...yum!







And last, but not least, here are the sunflowers: 

I still have no clue where to transplant these little guys once they are ready to be moved.  I'll have to think of something clever though...since they are supposedly going to reach 5-6 feet.  Yikes!









So...how does your garden grow?

xoxo
crissy

1 comment:

  1. That is so fun!! I love pot gardens, I need to get my butt in gear, but I suppose it is good that I have been a slacker this year since it snowed today!~DANG! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy