Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A countdown to Christmas...

And it only took my a year to complete!  No really, I started working on an advent calendar last year, in November of 2009.  After rummaging through some craft supplies, while setting up my craft/sewing room in late October, guess what I found?  An unfinished advent calendar!  So I set to work, 30 minutes here, 20 minutes there.  It was slow moving as children and school was my main priority.  But by staying up late a few nights before December 1st I was able to finish it!

I was inspired by this and another advent that I found last year.  But I can't find a link to the other one, I'm sorry!  I want to give credit where credit is due, so just know it wasn't totally my idea.  :o)

 
Each felt pocket is hand stitched and closed with a vintage button.  Each pocket contains a candy cane, a verse, and a fun activity to do for the day.
 
The tree is made of granny squares with white trim and the bows are leftover felt from the pockets.  Looks almost Dr. Suess-ish to me.

I am so relieved that this is finally finished.  Good grief!
xoxo
crissy

1 comment:

  1. It's fabulous! you did a great job!
    Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family! xox

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy