Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy November!

It's November now, which mean Christmas is LESS than two months away, which in turn means that it is time to start working on homemade gifts.  I thought that it would be fun to share some things that I've made for gifts.  Sounds like I good idea, right?  Well, there's a catch...  Most of what I'll be sharing is from last year, and I'm just now posting them.  Ha!

I made these for a friend who was having twins, a boy and a girl.  I used two skeins of thick, chunky, soft yarn for each blanket.  They are just a big granny square.  I had originally planned to make smaller squares and join them together but because the yarn was so thick, it looked better as a giant granny, instead of a bunch of little ones.


The yarn was mostly acrylic, and oh so very soft.


Funny side note, I finished the blue blanket the night I went into labor with baby B. I was up late, crocheting like a mad woman while I kept track of the contractions.  When the blanket was finished, I got up, called my midwife, and told my husband we needed to go to the birth center, baby B came six hours later!


xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. I love them that is what I am working on right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so addicting and so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy