Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange

This is my first year participating in the Handmade Gift Exchange and it was so much fun!  I have to admit, I was a little really intimidated at first because I was paired up with Scotti Oxford, aka the Inner Hooker.  She is a freaking genius, and a yarn master, who crochets the most adorably gorgeous hats, and photo props.  She sells her patterns too, I love them and have purchased quite a few.  She is famous in crochet land, so like I said before I was totally intimidated.  

Here is what I made for her.


I thought a mug rug, coffee cozy, and a cute camera strap cover would be the perfect gift for someone who likes coffee, late nights crafting, and has a DSLR.  

I used this tutorial for the camera strap cover.


The coffee cozy was easy to make so I didn't use a tutorial, but if you want one I am sure there are many floating about in blog land.


For the mug rug I just looked at several pictures of mug rugs (all so cute!), and kind of came up with my own.

I thought my gift was totally cute and crafty.  Then a big box arrived in the mail yesterday, and I just opened it.  I. was. amazed.  She made something completely gorgeous.  It is too dark to take a picture of it now, but I will post it tomorrow.  I'm totally in love with it!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy