Thursday, December 22, 2011

quiet time.

It's been quiet here.  Peaceful, not rushed, a snails pace.  I like it.  Usually this time of year is full of stress, wrapping, making, sewing, cooking, and not sleeping.  This year has been different.  I really cut back on my "to-make" list and we only purchased gifts for a few people.  I started making gifts early, whenever my school work would give me a free moment, and I finished creating things way ahead of schedule.  All shopping was done online, so easy!  This allowed me to sneak in a few extra projects here and there.  It is so nice to be able to work on something without feeling rushed.  I had so much time left that I actually was able to sew matching dresses for the girls.  Wow.  I don't think I've ever had a holiday like this before.  

Unfortunately, we didn't do a few of the holiday traditions we usually take part in.  We've been too tired.  There are so many changes going on around here right now.  So many things waiting to happen.  January is going to be a month that is full of choices and hopefully new beginnings.  There are quite a few forks in the road next month and we knew that we should start preparing for those now.  And that meant stepping back and doing this holiday season a little different than before.  Are the kids going to remember that "one year where we didn't do it all?"  I doubt it.  Next year I'm sure will be full of rushing around to check everything off our list.  But this year has been nice.  No holiday caused stress (there was enough of it coming from other angles).  Lots of quiet nights spent admiring the lights on the tree, staring into the fire, and thankful for the roof over our heads.

Even if it hasn't been the most exciting of holiday seasons and we didn't get to travel like we had planned, we still have so much to be thankful for...

 miss L, 3 years old.

 baby bella, 10 months old.

Riley, 7 years old.

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy