Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dresses.

Well, I started a little early on one of my goals for 2012.  This December, I actually sewed matching dresses for the girls!  I am so beyond proud of myself.  And no, I didn't finished them Christmas morning, or a 3am on Christmas Eve, or even on the day before Christmas Eve.  I finished these four whole days before Christmas.  Can you believe it?  That kind of nonsense is just unheard of around here!

Without further ado, here is the playdate dress from oliver + s.

I made a 12-18 mo, and a 3T.  Miss L picked out this fabric for me back in October when I caught the sewing bug again.  For a two year old I think she did a pretty good job!  Love the paisley print, so cute!

The collar detail is adorable.  I even found eight matching buttons in my stash that matched the light blue in the print of the dress.  The pattern was very easy to follow and of course I created a few short cuts here and there, mostly in the collar attachment.  If there are any short cuts to be found, I will find them.  

There hidden pockets on each side of the dress which is fun for Miss L to put little trinkets in.  Bella has no idea they exist.  Silly baby.  :)

I am currently cutting out fabric for another set of oliver + s dresses for the girls.  Hopefully I'll have some cute pictures to share soon!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy