Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I can do it!

Well...I'm almost there.  I have one more final to write and then I get two weeks off.  I CAN'T WAIT.  This quarter has been so tough, balancing a family with school is hard.  Really hard.  Especially because when I do something, I do it 110%.  With school I've done the same thing.  I couldn't just do it with the basics.  No.  I had to go above and beyond.  Conducting a research study?  Sure, sign me up.  Writing an honors thesis?  Great, I'd love to.  Taking a full credit load plus TA?  Yes, please!  Do all of this, maintain a 3.9ish GPA, take care of three kids and try to be a good wife at the same time?  I must be insane.  I couldn't just go through and get a BA without doing a ton of extra work.  That's just not me.  Plus I have this ridiculous graduate school dream and we will see if that pans out in the next year or two.  So hopefully all this extra work will be worth it.  We'll see. 

Anyway, enough about school.  Let's talk about crafty things.  Like sewing machines.  I hated my old one, it was terrible.  I don't know how I lasted so long with it.  Seriously, it chewed up one too many invisible zippers and I almost threw it across the room.  I was so frustrated I wanted to cry.  A new machine was not in the budget, so I said goodbye to a lens and made room in the budget for a new machine.  

Meet Grace.

She's quite the lady, very polite, never chews zippers, always quiet, she's sturdy too and can sew through six layers of denim without a complaint, and doesn't require a foot pedal, which I love!

I haven't been able to use her too much because of school getting in the way, but you can be sure that over spring break we are going to get better acquainted.  

Apparently 2012 is a year for change because my serger is on its last leg and needs to be replaced...its a babylock and so old they don't make parts for it anymore.  Any suggestions for a new one?

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy