Friday, April 6, 2012

ice cream, anyone?

Another dress!  This is the oliver + s ice cream dress.  I made two of these, an 18-24 mo and a 3t, the 3t is pictured here.  They sewed up quickly and I think they are adorable.  The options are endless with this one, I can't wait to try another version. 



I purchased the fabric for these dresses, but since then I have made a pact with myself that I can only sew with fabric from my stash...until I run out of options (which should not happen anytime soon, ha!)  We are potentially moving at the end of June and my fabric stash has become out of control.  It needs to be tamed before we move, because I have no room to bring it all with me!  It is so hard not to buy fabric!  Am I the only one with this problem?  It is a whole new kind of challenge sewing with what I already have.  I am definitely learning to look at what I have in a new way and I've found so many adorable combinations.  I can't wait to share more with you!

xoxo
crissy

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! It reminds me of an ombre fabric with the shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, I am quite pleased with how they turned out, such a fun pattern!

      Delete
  2. i saw this on your flickr account browsing through the oliver and s patterns. it is so beautiful. you did a great job. creative but so wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been really challenged to use my stash, too and really love what it forces! Sometimes I feel like I have to stare at things awhile, but then it just happens and I'm happier that I have used what I have, even though new fabric IS TOTALLY TEMPTING! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO hard for me not to buy fabric!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy