Tuesday, April 3, 2012

sewing, sewing.

Over spring break I sewed up a storm.  I think I finished six dresses total for the girls, it was so much fun!  It really is amazing how much I enjoy sewing now that I have machine that doesn't chew everything up and make me want to scream in frustration.  My serger is still acting up but behaving better after having a few worn parts replaced.  I am hoping to upgrade soon, I've got my eye on another babylock.  

Anyway, back to the sewing.  These are the Oliver + s apple-picking dress.  

this one makes me laugh, miss L looks shocked.


 (blogger is still making my pictures look blurry, even if I resize them.  I'm starting to get irritated)

I made a 3t in blue and an 18-24 mo. in gray.  I found the fabric at Joann's, it's just a plain old quilting cotton, but I thought the print was cute.  Both dresses have the same matching blue buttons.  I wanted to put gray buttons on the blue dress but I couldn't find any that coordinated with the gray fabric.  Oh well, they are still cute and the pattern was very easy.  I can't wait to see the girls wearing them on Easter.  

Speaking of which, that is this coming weekend?  How can it be Easter already?  I guess I am just in denial that it is even spring, because the weather in Seattle still feels like winter, and it is gross.  I need sunshine!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy