Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Something old into something new.

Back when the weather was still cold and I actually had somewhat of a life besides studying for neuroscience/biological psych tests I had some free time to peruse through thrift stores every so often.  I usually make a beeline for the fabric section, the sheets/pillowcases, and then look for some pyrex.  I only give myself 10 minutes.  If I can't find it in 10 minutes, it isn't there.

On this trip, I got particularly lucky.  I found a pyrex bowl, set of matching vintage pillowcases, they are a really nice fabric, not cotton, almost silk like?  I even scored a few yards of this pink striped quilting cotton.

I am not sure what I will do with those vintage pillow cases, for now they join my stash.  The pyrex matches a set of four mugs that I have.  Cuteness.
The cotton became this...another oliver + s pattern.  (I know, I know, I'm addicted, I should seek help).  This time I sewed up the seashore sundress pattern.  Again, a superb pattern, very easy to follow and it turned out really cute.  The fabric was a bit too sheer, so I should have probably lined it.  Although, I figured this is going to be worn in the middle of summer in Georgia (HOT) so Miss L might be more comfortable with it unlined.  Either way, it turned out cute and I can't wait to sew up another.  Next time I'll use something that is a little more substantial.  But hey, you can't complain when you get two yards of fabric for $1.99, the buttons came from my stash, so this dress was a steal!

xoxo
crissy

4 comments:

  1. i love those pillowcases and that little dish! :) great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, thank you! i just need to figure out how to use the pillow cases. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm addicted to Oliver + S patterns, too! They are teaching me how to sew! I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are fantastic, but totally addicting!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy