Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I did it!

Becoming a mom at a young age put a slight damper on my college dreams and then the years just started slipping by.  I felt like I would never be able to return to school.  Finally, in early 2010 I decided to go back and finish the last two years of my undergraduate degree.  Two months after applying and being accepted, I found out we were expecting a baby in January of 2011.  Hmmm, that put a little bit of a kink in my school plans, but I stuck with it anyway...and I am so thankful that I did!  Getting that diploma this last Sunday was such an incredible sense of accomplishment, I am SO proud!  Being a mom of three little kids and going to school was not easy.  I lost quite a bit of sleep, was pretty crabby at times, and usually pretty stressed out.  I am very lucky to have such great support from my family, especially my husband.  Without their help I wouldn't have managed to get a 3.93, write an honors thesis, and complete two research studies!  I have learned SO much since I started and I so thankful for the opportunity that I was given.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll even go back for a PhD! 



xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy