Thursday, November 7, 2013

(almost) Summer sewing

Having a baby at the end of May gave me a small chunk of "time off" from work, right as school was getting out and the weather was warming up.  I'm told that Georgia is usually nice and warm by April, but this year was unusually cold, wet and gray (hello, Seattle).  So, by the time the baby arrived and the weather was not so miserable, I was so ready to leave the extended winter behind and make the girls some cute summer dresses.  I had to dust off my sewing machine and serger because they had not been unpacked since we moved over a year ago - so sad! 

When the baby was about 5 days old (no joke) I started off with the Croquet Dress by Oliver + S.  I really can't say enough about how much I love these patterns.  They sew up beautifully, the details are stunning, yet they are simplistic with a bit of modern flair.



I purchased the fabric for these a few years ago, it's from the Tutti Frutti line that Joann's carries.  Not my favorite fabric wise, as it is rather stiff and waffely (is that even a word?) but I thought the colors looked cute together.  I made a 4T and 2T.
 



I will definitely pull this pattern out again next summer.  The dresses were a nice, quick project and they are roomy enough so I think the 4T will work again for Miss L next season.


xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy