Thursday, November 14, 2013

Photo shoot.

I've been making an effort to take more pictures of us as a family.  We usually get one really good shot each year, but after the baby was born, I've been trying to get all of us together as much as I can.  I guess I feel like time is flying by and I want to freeze these special moments in any way possible.

Last weekend we went down to the river to take some pictures for our Christmas cards.  There was a beautiful covered bridge and an old mill building with the most lovely brick walls.  Apparently everybody else had the same idea I did because the place was packed with families and their photographers following them around for portraits.  Despite the crowds, the morning was perfect, especially since we didn't get out the door very early (big surprise) it was mostly overcast so we didn't have to worry about any harsh shadows.

Here are a few of the outtakes from our photo session.  Can I tell you how hard it is to take the pictures and be in the pictures?  All while herding two kids, a toddler and making sure the baby is looking somewhere near the camera?  Oh, and don't forget the people who will walk right in front of a tripod as soon as you succeed in getting your camera to pick up the wireless signal from your phone?  Anyway, yeah it was fun, just a little challenging.

 As soon as we got there the kids took off running...


We were finally able to gather everyone in one spot - here I accidentally started taking pics before we were ready.


After the bridge, we wandered around the old mill building - I absolutely love that brick background!

This was near the end, we were all over it.  I think we got one more shot after this and it was "the one" (notice baby's shoe on the right side of this picture - he kicked it off).

I really want to get into photography more and not just taking pictures of my family.  If you know of someone looking for really cheap for family/lifestyle photography and they are in the Metro Atlanta area, let me know!  I need to build up my portfolio!


xoxo
crissy



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy