Sunday, January 12, 2014

10 years.

10 years ago today, I became a mother.  My life was forever changed by an adorable baby boy.  The circumstances weren't the greatest, but looking back, it was all meant to be.  I am so thankful for that baby.  He's grown into such a wonderful boy, he's kind-hearted, giving, loving, compassionate and pretty darn funny.  It's amazing how he can light up a room with his smile.  

Having a older child that I can really connect with is pretty great.  We have some deep, heart-felt talks lately and I really, really love it.  As he gets older though, I can't help but think about how our days together are numbered.  He's 10 now, only 3 more years until he is a teenager, only 6 more years until he is driving, and only 8 more years until he is an "adult."  Really?  How can that be?


It seems only yesterday he was a tiny baby, making soft newborn noises as he slept next to my bed in his bassinet.

Now he's so big, smart and such a fun kid to be around.  He still gives the best hugs, I hope that never changes.

Happy Birthday, R, I love you.


xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy