Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2013 in review.

I was browsing through my blog last night and I think my favorite posts were the year in review posts!  It's so much fun to look back on each month and see what we were up to.  This year, after baby arrived, the theme was travel.  Not fancy travel, but family travel.  Family and friends travel.  There's nothing better than a good trip to visit those that you miss dearly.  I hope 2014 brings more of the same!

  January had two birthdays, Miss B turned 2 and Riley turned 9!  We celebrated both with small parties, cupcakes and cake pops.

More birthdays in February, this time it was for two cousins, Miss B loves her cake! Work had me so exhausted, I took a total of 4 pictures with my nice camera, only four.  That's sad.

 
In March we were eager to get out of the house and enjoy some warmer weather!  We also were preparing for our epic Spring Break 2014 trip to Orlando!

April was a busy month for us, we took the kids to Disney World (thanks Grandma V and Grandpa R!) which also included a trip to the beach, oh how we missed the ocean!  After that trip, the Mr. and I even got away without the kids for a weekend.  We went to Tybee Island, hung out at the beach all day and at night, wandered (I waddled) around Savannah.  We ate at Paula Deen's Restaurant Lady and Sons.  It was SO delicious.  I can't wait to go back as a non-pregnant lady and eat a full meal there!  It was so nice to spend some time as a couple before baby #4 arrived.

 May was full of long hours at work, dance recitals, visits from Seattle Grandparents and the best part was this chubby little man who finally decided to arrive a few days after his due date.  This little guy brings a whole new meaning to the term bonus baby and I can't imagine what life would be like without him.  He's such a little blessing!

In June I didn't have to work and I started sewing again - that felt SO good!  We took a trip up to Lake Michigan near the end of June and spent a week at the lake getting sandy and tan.  It was wonderful.

In July I went back to work after a much-too-short maternity leave.  Thankfully, my job was willing to let me work from home for a few months.  Despite having to work, we carved out beach time and went to St. Simons Island.  At the end of the month, I took a trip back to Seattle with the three little kids to pick up my oldest who spent the summer there.  Thankfully, flying with a 4 year old, 2 year old and a 2 month old wasn't that bad!  That's what praying does, y'all.

We spent the first part of August in Seattle enjoying our friends and family.  Oh, how I miss them.  I flew back home with all four kids without any help (yes, I'm brave or completely insane).  School started mid-August and we fell back into our daily routine.  I finally got a full frame camera and said goodbye to my little Rebel that I had for over three years.  Nearly 40,000 clicks later that little camera taught me everything is know about photography, sometimes I even miss that loud, snappy, shutter.

 In September, we enjoyed the warm summer days and I was able to work from home for good!  Both girls started ballet and our schedules were packed!  Above is the first picture taken by my 6D that I've posted on this blog.  Please gawk at the beauty.  :)

This little guy turned 5 months in October!  Work was so busy this month, it makes me dizzy just thinking about it.  Still, I was thankful that I was able to work from home and this sweet baby didn't have to go to daycare.

We took family photos in November (so fun!) and made it back to Seattle for Thanksgiving - so much to be thankful for!  A week after this picture was taken, I hacked 7 inches off of my hair!

December brought a big #5 birthday for Miss L, Christmas parties galore, cookies, hosting my first Christmas gathering and a spur-of-the-moment trip up to Michigan (the day after Christmas) to see some snow and wish my husband's grandma a happy 90th birthday!  Whew, I am still recovering from December.

Here's to a wonderful 2014, friends!

xoxo
crissy



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy