Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014 Goals.

I've come to realize that I love to keep lists, I love crossing items off a list.  It feels so good to see something with a line scratched through it.  Complete.  Sometimes I even write down something that's already done, or almost done, just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it out (i can't believe I just admitted that).

For 2014, I have a list a mile long of crafty goals, things I plan on painting, sewing or creating.  Instead of listing all of those here, I thought it would be better to chose 6 simple overall life goals and stick with those.  If I get everything else accomplished, those will be like bonuses.

1.  Be present with my kids - This has been a hard one for me since I started working.  I would come home from work exhausted with no energy to do anything else but sit on the couch.  After the baby was born and I was able to work from home, I would spend hours in front of my laptop trying to catch up, even after the office was closed.  I feel like I missed so much, I don't want that anymore.  I want to be present in my children's lives.

2.  Plan meals - another thing I wasn't able to do while working was plan meals.  I would work into dinner time, I didn't have time to grocery shop.  Dinner was usually an after thought.  Nuggets and macaroni again?  That is changing this year.  I am going back to my meal plans and organized grocery lists.  They save our family both time and money, plus I just love to cook.  :)

3.  Blog - I've been terrible with blogging these past two years, I haven't had time.  I thought I should give it up all together and I tried to, but I can't completely let it go.  I am giving it another go around this year.  Let's hope for the best!

4.  Date Nights - With four kids, date nights don't happen very often.  I want to make a point to get out with my man at least once a month.  That probably sounds ridiculous to some, but we really don't ever go on dates.  I want that to change this year.  Even if it's just a quick dinner date, it's still out and without kids to distract us.

5.  Keep up on photo albums.  This one is hard.  I had decided to give up on scrapbooking, but then Project Life came along and I now have an easier alternative to the albums I used to create.  I am starting with Miss L's baby album (only 4 years after the fact) and we shall see how this goes.

6.  Be Happy - Sometimes I get caught up in everything I can't do or can't have.  Instead, I need to focus on what I can do and what I do have.  I need to focus on the happy, instead of the sad.  I need to focus on the smiles instead of the tears.  I need to be happy.


This guy is truly happy.  There is nothing better than a happy baby.

A bonus goal, which really shouldn't be a goal, it should just be what we do, is going to church EVERY Sunday.  We were getting pretty good about it before Thanksgiving and then December happened, Christmas happened, After Christmas travel happened and then we all got sick.  I really want to make this a focus of our weekends, no matter what!

As a side note (a very HAPPY one), I am no longer employed, at a desk job, as of yesterday.  I am so thankful for the opportunity my company gave me.  They were so accommodating and really took care of me, they believed in me.  I met wonderful people who I really care about and who really cared about me.  I really thought I would work there for a very long time, but then baby B came along and surprised us.  After he arrived, everything changed and I just couldn't put all of my energy into a career anymore.  It took months to come to this decision, because I really didn't want to disappoint them after everything they did for me.  But we finally decided it was time for me to stay home and be with our kids.  They are only going to be little once, I can always go back to work when they are older.  Right now, they need their mama, more than any job ever could.

What are your goals this year?


xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy