Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Snow!

No, no snow here in Atlanta.  But we did see some snow recently, we just had to drive 750 miles to see it.  We made the long trek up to South Western Michigan for my husband's grandma's 90th birthday.  We left the day after Christmas and it is a 12ish hour drive from Atlanta.  We only stayed for a long weekend so it was a whirlwind trip.  We figured the chance that the kids see snow in Atlanta is pretty much zero.  Snow in Michigan, though?  That's pretty much a guarantee!

 Miss L is a snow eating machine.  She would start munching on the dirty stuff thinking no one was looking and I would tell her to stop.  Her response: "but, Mama, it's not yellow so it's ok!"  Ha, very funny.

This was Miss B's first time in the snow that she can remember.  She wandered around taking it all in.  Taking a taste here and there.  She had enough after being blasted in the face with a snow puff by her brother.

Here's the culprit, taking aim at me.  He loves throwing snowballs, but what boy doesn't??


Sunsets over this Great Lake are amazing.  Although, I have to be honest, I like the summer version of this view better than winter.

I rented a 135mm lens to use while we were there and I used it in the top three pictures.  Oh my, the bokeh is so smooth and heavenly.  I love prime lenses and this was the first time I had used a 135L, it definitely deserves its ranking as one of the "holy trinity" of Canon primes.  Someday I'll have one of my own, along with a 50L and a 85L.  :)  What is your favorite lens?


xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy