Wednesday, February 19, 2014

my little pony.


We had some snow days last week.  It was cold and snowed a little on Tuesday, then Wednesday freezing rain fell all day, leaving us with about in inch of ice over the little bit of snow. It was cold, windy and the freezing rain stung as it hit your face, that's the kind of weather that is not friendly for little kids to be out in, so we were stuck inside. I was basically waiting for the power to go out so I washed every speck of laundry, washed all the dishes, made sure everyone was bathed and had dry hair. And, of course, the power didn't go out. So, all that prep for nothing, I guess I liked being prepared.  

I needed to keep myself busy when the kids were playing quietly so I worked on Miss B's Valentine amigurumi.  The pattern can be found here. I thought it would make a cute "My Little Pony." I had some bright pink yarn and a soft baby pink yarn that were just perfect for Pinkie Pie.  I even made the little cutie mark out of felt and embroidery floss. If you don't have preschool age girls and are wondering what the heck I am talking about, just nod and smile. My girls have been obsessed with My Little Pony for quite a while.  

I loved My Little Pony when I was little, but the ponies of today look much different than the ponies of the late 80's!

After our freezing rain day, it turned to snow later in the evening and we woke up to a blanket of the white stuff over the layer of ice. It was like a fun layer cake. Of course, it melted later in the day and then yesterday it was 72 degrees. What? That's the south for you!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy