Monday, February 17, 2014

roller skate dress!

I finally jumped on the roller skate dress bandwagon, a little late, I know. The roller skate dress is such a cute dress and it was so hard to see it all over blog-land and not be able to make one myself. 

The fabric for this dress is from fabric.com and is a little stiffer than I thought it would be. (Shame on me, I didn't read the description before buying it.) It is Premier Prints and is perfect for home decoration items like pillow covers, etc. It's a little thick for children's wear, but Miss L likes it just the same and it has softened with repeated washings. It turned out to be a perfect dress for this winter if she layers it with a shirt and leggings.

 The dress is fully lined, and it would be so fun to make reversible!

I can't wait to make more of these. The pattern is easy to follow and they sew up really fast!  You can also make a tunic version which would be fun for spring separates.

Miss L wasn't happy about modeling for me, if you can't tell by the frown. I took these pictures two days before we were hit with an ice storm last week. Sunny and 60 degrees one day, freezing rain and 28 degrees two days later. Crazy!
 
How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. Little Miss L is adorable! I can't believe how big she is getting. I didn't realize you have a blog. I love all of the pictures! You are so creative! Hope you and the family are doing well. -Jenny Lawson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny! I started my blog in 2009 but I abandoned it after finishing school and going back to work. We miss you two, hope all is well in TX!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy