Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Going to the library.

More oliver + s! This time it is the library dress. I made a 5 and a 3T with some Michael Miller prints from fabricworm

This is the first time I've bought a pattern in both size ranges and I don't think I will be doing that again. Sorry, Miss B, you'll just have to wait until you are a size 5 until you wear any new designs.

I was inspired by the example of the library dress on the cover of the pattern, which is why I choose the burgundy print for Miss B's dress. I wanted a coordinating fabric for Miss L's dress, without being too matchy, so I thought the lovely shade of turquoise would go work well. They were brought together with a matching waist band. 

This pattern was so fun to sew and I love the collar detail on the front, but you can also make it without a collar for a more modern look. I can't wait to make it without a collar and 3/4 length sleeves for next fall, but I am getting ahead of myself.

 Here is Miss B in her dress, we were outside enjoying a warm spring day after a cold nasty winter.

I think the skirt pleats give the dress a nice simple touch.
 
And, Miss L in her turquoise version. She was a little miffed that her dress wasn't "pink" but she got over it pretty quickly.

 I used white piping on the waist band to make it pop just a bit.


Care to take a trip to the library, anyone?

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy