Saturday, March 22, 2014

Playdate dress

I love the oliver + s playdate pattern. It's so simple, yet has so many beautiful little details. The pleats in the front, the hem facing, the pockets, the sleeve pleats...need I say more?

I've made two of these dresses previously. This time, I sewed up a 3T for Miss B and I shortened the sleeves to accommodate for a hot, southern summer. The dress reminds me of something Shirley Temple might have worn.

The fabric and bias tape were leftover from this dress that I made for Miss L late last summer. I had just enough of both leftover for the playdate dress, I love it when that happens! 

 The buttons were from my stash, they matched the yellow/orange in the print perfectly.

Miss B is going through a very picky stage with her clothing. For about a month it was all "boy clothes" which meant no dresses, no skirts, just shirts/tunics and leggings. With warmer weather emerging she is finally embracing the idea of dresses and skirts again. But, for some odd reason, she won't wear this dress. So anyway, as cute as this is, it has been hanging in her closet for a few months and she won't touch it. Ah well, you can't win every time, right? 

Have you ever made something that your children refused to wear? How did you handle it? I don't want to force her, but I want her to wear it so my hard work doesn't go to waste!

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. Its so beautiful, well done.

    I have not had anything openly knocked back but definitely had things quietly left in the wardrobe. I learnt to ask before I sewed, not give full autonomy but definitely a little more input.
    Zara and Elsa are 14 1/2 and they choose completely them selves. Liddy at 10 likes to give her opinion but will be guided, Tildy at 5 doesn't mind a jot!

    Your sewing is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to involve her in the fabric choices from now on, it stinks putting all that effort into something and the having someone refuse to wear it! Your sewing it lovely, as well!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy