Monday, March 17, 2014

The Half Moon Bay Dress

**UPDATE**
Please enjoy the pictures of my little model/muse wearing her Half Moon Bay Dress. :)


 

I was delighted to be able to test this pattern for Kelly of Sewing In No Man's Land. I made the Half Moon Bay Dress in a 5T and my daughter loves it! The pattern is lovely and you can whip this up in about 3-4 hours. It took me more like two days because I am constantly interrupted and can only sit and focus for about 20 minutes at at a time, ha! I will be making another of these dresses very soon. I will be sewing a 4T next time because the patterns runs a bit large. You can purchase the pattern here.

Because I was testing this pattern I didn't want to go out and buy any supplies, I used vintage quilting cotton from my stash and had just enough. I had to get really creative when cutting the pieces out!

 I "customized" the skirt a bit because I ran out of fabric and had to cut the front piece in two pieces, so I sewed a strip of of fabric down the front to hide the seam. I think it turned out pretty cute and made the skirt more interesting.


I also customized the back and added a button instead of a zipper, only because all my zippers were either too long, too short, or too pink.

I wasn't able to get a picture of Miss L in her new dress as we had to rush off to church and then after church parts of our meal landed on the dress. Once it's washed and pressed she'll be wearing it again and I'll get some pictures.

Thanks for visiting!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy