Tuesday, April 29, 2014

a sweet simple test.

A few weeks back I stumbled upon an opportunity to test a pattern. I've done this a few other times and it is always so much fun for me. I am very afraid of creating a pattern and I don't know that I ever will (or ever could) develop one, but it sure is fun testing them for someone else who can create them!

This time I tested the Sweet Simple Dress, created by Allison of Freshly Completed. I stumbled upon her blog through oliver + s blog. She was lucky enough (more like talented enough) to be asked to test the 2014 spring patterns. She made the dress that they used in the photo shoot for the front of the hide-and-seek dress pattern. How cool is that? She is a total sewing celebrity!

Back to the dress that I sewed up.

This is the Sweet Simple Dress. The fabric is tutti fruitti from Joann's from a few years ago. The coral is vintage from my stash. Hooray for stash busting.

 I made a 4T intending it for Miss B, but it ended up fitting Miss L nicely. Sorry, Bella, you'll just have to wait until next year to wear it.

 The sleeves have adorable pleats and the ruffle detail is just too cute.

It's an easy sew and there are no buttons or zippers which means that my five year old can dress herself and I don't have to assist her. Yay for children being independent! The dress is adorable and lives up to it's name being both very sweet and delightfully simple.

xoxo
crissy


2 comments:

  1. This dress is too, too cute! Thanks for being a Pattern Tester!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy