Monday, April 14, 2014

One final KCW post

Well, I survived my very first Kids Clothes Week. I started off with this:


I ended up with this, these, this outfit, four skirts, and finally some KID shorts! I cheated a little with a few refashions but I was really trying to use what I already had on hand. There are even a few more things that are still in the works that I'll share as I finish. 

Here is what I worked on this weekend. An oliver + s sailboat top and pants.


For the sailboat top, I used a vintage cotton from my stash and top stitched with a magenta and added pink buttons for  little color pop. I was going to use yellow and red for a more nautical feel but Miss B vetoed that idea. "I want pink!"

I've had this pattern since 2010 or something crazy like that, and I've never used it until now. I sewed up a 3T, it fits Miss B nicely and will hopefully still fit her when fall shows up.

For the pants, I wanted these to fit somewhat "capri" like, so I made a size 12m for the length. They ended up really cute!

I love the detail on the front, so cute. The fabric was a remnant from Joann's that I had in my stash.

Again, there was no standing from my model.



That's it, my first Kids Clothes Week is complete! Did you participate this time around?

xoxo
crissy

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word both these pieces came out so wonderfully! I seriously love those pants, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! I do like how they turned out, now I'm just trying to keep them from getting all stained up, babies are messy. :)

      Delete
  2. So cute! Glad you were so productive :)

    xx
    ~Chantilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'm so glad I participated this time, I've been watching from afar for way too long. :)

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy