Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sewing for the little man.

Kids Clothes Week was my first sewing adventure for my little guy. I made him two pairs of shorts and a pair of sailboat pants. I shortened the pants just a bit so they are either longer shorts or cropped pants, take your pick. I was on a roll and decided I would also be making him an Easter outfit. I finished the vest during KCW, but I held off on sharing because I wanted to have the complete outfit.

I bought the oliver + s Art Museum Vest and Trousers pattern last fall, with the intention to sew a set up for baby B's Christmas outfit. Sadly, that didn't happen. So, I thought sewing it for Easter would be equally as fun and he would be able to wear 12-18m size longer since he isn't growing as fast as a 6 month old does.




The gray broadcloth I used for his trousers and the back of the vest is from Hobby Lobby, it's a little thin, but was the perfect shade of gray so I took a chance on it and I'm glad I did. The light blue fabric used for the front of the vest is from fabric.com as is the fish print that lines the vest and the waistband of the pants. The fish print is Michael Miller, such fun fabric!

Here is my little southern gentleman before getting all mucked up in the red, Georgia dirt. I still, for the life of me, can't get that stuff out of clothes, any tips are welcomed!

Now, forgive me, but the following is picture heavy. I just couldn't help myself. Those diaper buns in little trousers are almost too much cuteness for me. 


The welt pockets, I love them! It was my first experience with welt pockets and I don't know why I hadn't tried them yet, they were easy, but the finished product looks impressive! For the trouser welt pockets I used the fabric from the front of the vest to tie them all in together and I can never pass up an excuse to add a pop of color/contrast. Same with the vest, I used the gray for the welt pockets for a little contrast.

I ended up taking about four inches off the pants, they ended up being the perfect length but in an attempt to keep his new pants clean, daddy rolled them up a little bit.


I'll be posting the girl's dresses soon!

xoxo
crissy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy