Sunday, April 27, 2014

The apple-picking dress take 3.

Miss B has been so picky with what she wears lately. I was really hesitant to go to the trouble of making her something for Easter that she wouldn't wear again. I knew whatever I made her must look similar to whatever I made for Miss L, so that meant it would need to be pink and gray and girly just like the garden party dress. I decided on the oliver + s apple-picking dress for selfish reasons, I just love it. It looks like it is really complicated to sew, but it's not and for some reason it just seems like an Easter dress to me. This is my third time sewing this pattern. I made Easter dresses for Miss B and Miss L in 2012, you can find those dresses here.

This time around I decided on a 4T because Miss B is getting so tall! I did a little bit of customization for this dress. Long sleeves weren't an option and I didn't want to make her too hot with 3/4 sleeves, so I shortened the sleeves. Easter just calls for ruffles so I wanted to add a little extra bounce to the skirt. This was accomplished by adding 5 inches to the width of each skirt piece. 

The dress fits her nicely and I like the simplicity of the two colors and how the pink trims the neck, sleeves and the skirt. Again, no official photo shoot, so just enjoy some cute pictures of Miss B on a mission to find some eggs.




What are your creative plans for the coming week? I've got another dress to share soon and am hoping to sew up two more tops for the girls to add to their "mama made it" spring collection.

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy