Monday, October 20, 2014

KCW Day 1

It's Kid's Clothes Week! I missed out on the last week in July because my sewing machine and I were separated by about 2600 miles. So I have been looking forward to this week for a while. It feels good to sew again, I haven't been able to since mid-June!

For day #1 I sewed up another oliver + s Garden Party Dress. You can see my first version here. I used a silk that I thrifted about 3 years ago, I have no idea what it is other than it says "thai silk" on the selvedge. It's been sitting in my stash and I never quite new what to make with it. It is very sheer and unravels easily so I lined it with a simple broadcloth and made sure to serge all my exposed seams, which I usually do anyway. The blue accents are some satin that I got from the clearance bin at Joanns. It has also been sitting in my stash for a few years (notice a pattern here?)



I didn't have a blue thread that matched so I used a contrasting green because I was too lazy to load all four kids up to get one spool of thread. I am glad that I didn't succumb to the temptation of matching thread because I like the contrast that the green provides and I also like my sanity. Bringing four kids into a fabric store will steal your sanity (or make your head explode), even if they are pretty well behaved, just in case you were wondering.



She was a little disappointed whenI told her this was not a bike riding dress. She is such a fun mix of princess and daredevil.



Bella insisted on being in the picture too. These two are lucky to have each other.

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy