Sunday, October 19, 2014

Why, hello there.

I took another blogging hiatus. I didn't mean to, but life happens. Blogging is always in the back of my mind, but after a long day of preserving the life of my toddler (he's a climber), teaching Leilani to read (we're homeschooling now), making sure Bella feels included (middle child syndrome) and then, of course, helping my 5th grader with his homework (stubborn like me), sometimes there just isn't time for much else. Usually, my bed looks way more inviting than editing pictures and trying to come up with a witty paragraph or two. 

Some days I feel like I am in survival mode, barely making it through the day until my knight in shining armor comes home. Other days, I actually get everything done and find an hour or two to make a creative mess. Usually it's not the latter, but I can always hope. I know this is just a busy (physically/mentally exhausting) season and things will get easier as my little climber gets older (at least I keep telling myself that). Until then, I will become a pro at toddler proofing my house. I mean, who knew that you could use a high chair to climb onto the counters or climb baby gates to get into the bathroom and proceed to unroll an entire roll of toilet paper into the bathtub, or use a seemingly harmless toy to inflict the most searing pain my shin has ever felt. Toddlers are nuts, completely nuts. This kid would climb the walls if he could! 

He's lucky he is so cute.



I hope to be back here a little more frequently, sharing pictures and perhaps even some creative endeavors. Wish me luck!


xoxo
crissy





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy