Friday, November 14, 2014

A new adventure.

No, we aren't moving and no there are no more babies on the way (thank goodness) but we did start a new journey a few months ago. We are officially a homeschooling family! My oldest daughter started kindergarten this year. But instead of rushing her off to the the bus stop at 7am, she woke up around 8am, had a leisurely breakfast and started the day with the obligatory picture next to a sign stating that she is now in kindergarten, ha.


And then, Bella wanted in a picture, but she wouldn't turn around, Yep, that's typical.


In the weeks that followed we started to become more involved in a local homeschool group. We've gone on several field trips... 

We visited beautiful a few historic homes in Roswell, GA.

While visiting these homes we learned how to make candles, cook over a hearth and how homes were built in the 1830's. Can you believe they didn't use nails most of the time?!

We went on an apple picking adventure.
Apples just taste better when you pick them yourself! We also found out that apple sauce tastes better when you make it yourself. Someday I'll introduce y'all to my adventures with canning, but that is another story. If I could describe it in one word, it would be delicious.

We visited a farm and fed some hungry milk cows. In the process, we found a new place to get fresh milk. It was fun to meet and the feed the cows where our milk comes from.
 These ladies were hungry and it was incredible how much hay they would eat!

The girls have met some darling new friends and we are really enjoying this special year of home learning.

I am not going to dive into the reasons we are homeschooling this year, but I will say that this was not something I had ever really thought about until last Spring. The idea popped into my head one day and I couldn't let it go. The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't stop thinking about it. We don't have long term plans right now, we are just going with the flow. I am enjoying this journey and I know she is as well. It is so fun to watch her discover new things on her own and learn about this great big world that we live in.

Cheers to new adventures!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy