Monday, November 10, 2014

Another Roller Skate Dress

I sewed this one up during Kid's Clothes Week, took pictures on the Saturday before the week was over. But, I just couldn't get my act together to actually edit and post the pics, so here we are about two or three weeks later and I'm finally writing a blog post about this dress.

This is version 3.0 of the o+s Roller Skate Dress. It's so fun to sew and customize! You can find 1.0 here and 2.0 here.


The fabric is a really flimsy (aka cheap) Chambray from fabric.com, but it's lined so that takes care of the sheerness factor. Next time I order Chambray online I am not going for a bargain, that was a mistake.


The lining is a white broadcloth that I dyed a pretty aquamarine. I had the dye and the fabric on hand, so it just made sense. She still fits in her previous two Roller Skate Dresses and those are a size 5, so I dodged the bullet this time and didn't have to cut out a new size. YES! I love it when that happens. :)


Notice that, smile, we are missing two teeth on the bottom. I can't believe how big this girl is getting!

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy